Don’t skip your annual check-up!
- Having an annual inspection allows you to catch small problems before they become big ones. Most leaks, cracks and blockages happen slowly over time. A small issue with a pipe in your basement can be found and corrected now, which may prevent it from bursting next winter! Most issues do not simply go away. Fix now or pay later!
- Major appliances that run water undergo a lot of strain. Just think of how much you run your dishwasher or washing machine! Checking the hoses and valves on these appliances is a regular part of a plumbing inspection. These appliances are usually what rack up your water bills. Keeping them well maintained and fixing issues can help them work efficiently and save you money.
- Toilets, sinks and tubs all have multiple valves, heads and drains that can corrode or start leaking. The regular use of these will also naturally lead to wear over time, causing potential issues that can be easy to replace and fix if caught early.
- An older house means older plumbing. Unless you have replaced pipes, your home may be running on the original plumbing it had when it was built! These pipes definitely need to be checked especially as plumbing materials have changed and older systems may damage and break more easily.
- If you have a property with large trees it is also important to have the plumbing checked regularly. Trees develop complex root systems underground where they cannot be seen. Roots have been know to grow through or push right past pipes to keep growing. Since these pipes will often be under your home, you may not even notice a leak has sprung. An annual inspection will be sure and check all of them.
- If this is a new home for you, a plumbing inspection is highly recommended. A licensed plumber can alert you to potential issues, recommend repairs and help you get to know your house. Be sure and ask them to show you where the emergency shut-off valve is located.
In the end, leaks and water damage can cost you major money. Save yourself a bundle and a lot of headaches with annual check-ups on your plumbing! Contact your local plumber and schedule an appointment today!